Sweet potatoes and bacon are two of my favorite foods, as in I could eat them every day if I had to….and sometimes I do. I know, I know variety is the spice of life but if you stranded me on an island with only 3 food choices I would have to pick:
2. Sweet Potatoes (Garnet Yams are my favorite to be specific)
3. Eggs (or maybe more bacon…)
Since I normally have sweet potatoes in the house and because I am pretty active, as in cannot sit still for more than 5 seconds, I needed to come up with a new way to use the beautiful orange starch of nature.
The idea came upon me when some friends from my gym wanted to have a meatza cook-off…that is a pizza with a meat crust…google it, you will not be disappointed. I, of course, wanted to be unique so I decided to top my pizza with this sweet potato hash, see how versatile it is?
You can eat this as is, add it to your eggs, or top your meatza with it. Hope this recipe makes you happy and fills your stomach with many vitamins and minerals 🙂
If you feel so inclined tell me what your 3 MUST HAVE foods would be if you were stranded on an island!Print
- 2–3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup. frozen spinach
- 1 sweet or yellow onion chopped
- 4–5 strips of bacon, chopped/cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil (ghee, butter or duck fat will do as well)
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In frying pan, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent ~2-3 min.
- Add sweet potatoes, spinach and spices to pan, stir and sauté over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
…and eat bacon 🙂