This Buffalo Chicken Salad is super easy to make and makes a great staple for your lunch rotation. It is easy to think that you will figure out lunch day-of but we all know that hunger gets the best of us. This Buffalo Chicken Salad will spice things up but it will also make it easy to get your lunch packed as it’s super quick to make.
Meal Prepped Lunch
Lunch is one of my hardest meals, especially with a 3 month old. It’s easy to think that I will be able to whip something up time of, but we all know how that goes. I have been working with so many people over the last year that now have to work from home OR who have had to change up how they approach lunch in the workplace. Most people also feel like lunch is a crapshoot. When we prep ahead it’s often easier to get enough food to hold us over until dinner. Otherwise, we end up grazing and not feeling satisfied because only snack until dinner.
We spend so much time meal planning for dinner but what about lunch? If we just find some easy recipes, lunch will be less of a hassle and more of a delicious treat, like this Buffalo Chicken Salad. One serving has 31g of protein, which is super filling! I also made this a 5 serving recipe so that it works for your week day lunches all week long. You can certainly eat MORE in one sitting if you prefer but I like making one lunch for the week to simplify things and to not have to make more lunches during the week.
Ingredients You Will Need for This Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Chicken Breast. I LOVE using what we get from Butcher Box but feel free to use any kind of chicken.
- Greek Yogurt. I am a fan of full fat or 2% as it’s far richer in flavor. I also prefer the taste to mayo.
- Hot Sauce. I’m a Frank’s Red Hot kind of gal but any hot sauce will do. I do NOT mix with butter to make a buffalo sauce for this recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese. You definitely don’t NEED this but I think it adds a nice flavor and who doesn’t love cheese? I’m a Cabot Cheese fan.
- Vegetables. When I’m making a lunch salad, I tend to throw in what I have on hand. This time it was a bell pepper, onion, carrots & celery but feel free to ad lib.
- Salt & pepper. I found I didn’t need much since the hot sauce is so flavorful but feel free to add your own spice.
How to Make It
- Make the chicken. I personally cooked my chicken in the Instant Pot and chopped it up instead of shredding it but you can bake it or even buy it pre-cooked (even a rotisserie chicken will work.)
- Whisk yogurt & hot sauce together. This is your opportunity to make this as spicy or not-so-spicy as you like. The yogurt helps to calm the heat but if you are like me and love spice, feel free to add more hot sauce.
- Fold everything else in. Yes, it’s that simple! Make sure your chicken is cooled down but otherwise it’s just a matter of mixing it on up.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
I don’t know about you but I love Buffalo flavored chicken. This easy to make Buffalo Chicken Salad is so tasty and filling for your weekday (or weekend) lunches.
1 lb chicken breast, cooked & cubed
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
Salt & pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt & hot sauce. Fold in remaining ingredients until evenly combined.
Enjoy on a bed of lettuce or sandwich.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Protein: 31
If you liked this recipe, you may also like these other Buffalo flavored recipes as well:
Gluten-Free Buffalo Pasta Salad
As you can see, I love hot sauce & Buffalo flavored recipes, but this one is by far the easiest recipe of them all.
Pin Now, Buff Later
I MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST AND ON THIS SITE. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. COMPENSATION HELPS WITH ANY EXPENSES NEEDED TO KEEP THIS BLOG GOING.