Have you heard about the latest and greatest drink from Starbucks? The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew? Well, while I love to hit up the ‘bucks let me tell you, you can make this delicious seasonal drink for yourself at home at a fraction of the cost and with a fraction of the sugar. Make this #sassyapproved Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and have your friends jealous that you get to drink this Starbucks Copycat drink daily.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
What is this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew you ask?! It is one of Starbucks many seasonal drinks. Here is what a Grande (their medium) drink entails:
- 16 oz. cold brew
- 2 pumps vanilla syrup (in the cold brew)
- ~1/4 cup cold foam
- 2 pumps pumpkin sauce (in the cold foam)
- Pumpkin spice topping (ingredients: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove)
The cool thing is if you just ask your local barista what is IN your drink they will happily tell you. If you are comfortable doing so, just reach out and I’ll do it for you. This Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew was brought to my attention so I took the liberty of asking what is in it and MAN was I shocked to see how much sugar was in it, yikes!
For a grande:
- 250 calories
- 12 g fat
- 31 g sugar/carbs
- 3 g protein
Starbucks Seasonal Drinks
This isn’t anything knew, right? We’ve known for a while that any flavored drink at Starbucks or any coffee shop for that matter is loaded with sugar. I even made a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte for you.
The interesting this to me is HOW MUCH flavor & syrup they put in. It’s like they are asking for you to swear it off once you find out how much sugar is in their drinks.
I decided instead of telling you to not drink your favorite seasonal (or regular) drinks that I wanted to take it upon myself to improve the drink options so you could have your cake and eat it too. Why not have the best of both worlds? A seasonal Starbucks drink in hand (for the ‘gram obvi) AND a #sassyapproved drink that you don’t feel like complete crap after when your blood sugar tanks.
I’m going to make this a regular thing, so submit your favorite drinks and I’ll do in store and at home makeovers for you!
Pardon the Substitution
Before I give you the homemade version of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, I want to give you an in-store option in case you are on the go and have a hankering for the drink. I’ve been doing a few makeovers on Instagram, so follow along for more of your favorites!
To make this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew more #sassyapproved when at Starbucks, I recommend ordering the following:
Grande Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew with NO vanilla syrup and
1/2-1 pump pumpkin sauce in the cream with pumpkin spice topping.
Just tell your barista your order and if they give you a hard time it’s them being frustrated with having to type extra things in the computer. You are allowed to customize your order, people add stuff to their drinks all the time, no reason you can’t subtract things from your order. Go ahead, show me your order and tag me @thesassydietitian
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew CopyCat Recipe
Alright now for your homemade Pumpkin Cream. This recipe makes four servings. I personally meal prep the cream on Sunday and then make the actual drink at time of during my hectic week. It’s super simple to make and lasts in the fridge for 4-5 days, just make sure to whisk or shake it up before you make your drink.
I personally love using the Chameleon Cold Brew Vanilla Concentrate because it’s so tasty and full of flavor, but you can either use your favorite cold brew of choice or use iced coffee that you have leftover from your trusty coffee pot. I hope you enjoy this recipe and know that I’m cheers-ing you with my own cold brew over here.
Pro Tip: Grab yourself a frother, they are inexpensive and incredibly easy to use. I use mine all the time and I just love it!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- 16 ounces milk (of choice)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 32 ounces cold brew or strongly brewed chilled coffee
- In a small sauce pan, combine milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup & pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine. Bring to a slow simmer and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: you can whisk this cold and opt out of heating it through, the heat just allows the flavors to meld together.
- Allow to cool, then place in a glass sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- In a 20 oz. glass, pour 8 oz. cold brew over ice per serving. Set aside.
- Place 4 oz. (per serving) of milk in a medium bowl and using a frother, froth for 30 seconds or until foam forms. Alternatively if you don't have a frother, place milk in a small glass sealed container (like a mason jar) and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds or until foam forms.
- Pour foam over cold brew & enjoy! Sprinkle with extra pumpkin pie spice if desired.
I want to know what your favorite drink is at Starbucks (or anywhere) and I’ll gladly give it a makeover at Starbucks and/or you might see a brand new recipe like this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Enjoy!
Pin Now, Sip Later
I MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST AND ON THIS SITE. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. COMPENSATION HELPS WITH ANY EXPENSES NEEDED TO KEEP THIS BLOG GOING.