This post is going to be a hard left from yesterday’s post, ha! But, my friends and I had a wine night this past weekend and this Holiday Apple Cider Punch turned out too good NOT to share. So, I have a special treat for you today.
I’m usually a dry red wine or dry cider girl if you’re asking but every once in a while I’m up for a good mixed drink. I don’t like when they are overly sweet or when the alcohol completely overpowers the drink (I guess that makes me somewhat picky). This drink is both not that sweet and not-that alcoholic which made it absolutely delicious to drink.
Holiday Apple Cider Punch
At our party, we made both an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version of this punch so all could enjoy AND so that those who were driving home felt like they had a nice beverage but didn’t need any alcohol to enjoy themselves. After all, a party is far more than just about the alcohol, am I right?
I cannot wait to make this drink again. When I do make it again, I want to make it in a punch bowl because I personally love getting the fruit in my drink so it’s kind of like a grown-up fruit salad. You can certainly use something like this but then you may need a spoon (or a cup) to get the fruit out and enjoy it!
Pro Tip: Make a day ahead of time to save time when prepping for your party.Print
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 liter setlzer (use 2 liters if non-alcoholic)
- 1–750mL bottle champagne/sparkling white wine (omit if non-alcoholic)
- 1 cup apple pie flavored liqueur (I used a local Apple Pie Moonshine)
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- Pomegranate seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 apples, cored & chopped
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- Combine all in a large pitcher and fill with ice as needed. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pin Now, Punch Later