While I am not anti-rice by any means, I happen to be a HUGE supporter of cauliflower. My mom always made it growing up and I just love the taste whether it is raw or cooked. Even though cauliflower is not the most colorful (or should I say cauli-ful) vegetable out there it still packs a punch when it comes to vitamins and minerals. To name a few it has Vitamin C, a bunch of B Vitamins, some potassium and a bit of magnesium. And surprise, surprise it is PACKED with FIBER so cheers to healthy digestion without the need for that 297 (I just made up that number) grain bread that is fortified…cauliflower comes in a ready to go vitamin package 🙂
I used a Food Processor to rice this cauliflower, it is one of my FAVORITE kitchen tools and you can purchase one for pretty cheap at Amazon, Target or even Wal-Mart, so get on it!Print
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Bone Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee (substitute Butter or Coconut Oil)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Heat ghee on medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Add onions and peppers and sauté until onions become translucent, ~3 minutes.
- Add Cauliflower and stir to mix in peppers and onions, let fry for about 2 minutes.
- Move mixture over to the side and add in whisked egg, scramble until cooked through.
- Mix egg into cauliflower mixture.
- Add spinach, broth, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Turn to medium-low, cover and let simmer for ~5-10 minutes depending on how well you like your cauliflower cooked!
I hope you enjoy!