It’s the party season and you might be looking for that last minute appetizer you can bring to your holiday party. This Mediterranean Hummus Party Dip makes you look like you’re fancy and you have your act together but it’s super simple!
I don’t know about you but I love appetizers. I’m a salty over sweet gal through and through so I always would rather have a appetizer over a dessert. I also would rather bring a savory/salty appetizer over a dessert because I’m a far better cook than I am baker, ha!
Appetizers can be boring or elaborate OR they can be surprising like this hummus dip I’m about to share with you. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make and is a crowd pleaser. It works for your meat lovers and your vegetarians friends because everyone loves hummus and you can dip it whatever you see fit from veggies to crackers to even the meat from your cheeseboard.
#sassyapproved Party Food 101
Let’s be honest, I love entertaining and love food so throwing a party with plenty of #sassyapproved food ain’t no big deal for me. However I get that not everyone is thinking about health when they are thinking about party food. I love to blend the two to show people how to have their cake and eat it too.
You don’t have to skimp of flavor or health this holiday season, You just have to plan ahead a bit to ensure that you have some balance on your party table. And if you aren’t hosting and just attending, you can still find ways to bring a healthy yet delicious dish to the party. Believe me, people love an indulgent appetizer but they also welcome some veggies on their plate.
My challenge to you is to find a way to blend your health with your tastebuds and make a kick butt party appetizer. If you need some inspiration, use this Mediterranean Hummus Party Dip to start and wow your tastebuds and all your family & friends.
Mediterranean Hummus Party Dip
Alright, now for the recipe you have all been waiting for! This dip is filled with flavor and takes almost no time at all to make. Think of it like a Mediterranean version of a taco dip, only instead of beans and tomatoes you have hummus and roasted red peppers.
Want to make it your own? Feel free to and some chopped olives, artichokes or even some fresh herbs like mint or dill. The fun part about cooking is that the proportions can be more relaxed because you’re not baking it. I love encouraging creativity in the kitchen because it teaches you how to make food on the fly which is exactly how i made this hummus party dip. I’ve now made this dip 3 times this holiday season and I now see it as being a staple party appetizer for many years to come.
Mediterranean Hummus Party Dip
- 16 oz. garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup crunchy chickpeas (see below)
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 15.5 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt & pepper
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 4 dozen crackers choice
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400F. If using oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, if using air fryer, spray basket with cooking spray.
- Drain chickpeas and toss with oil & spices in a small bowl. Spread on baking sheet or in air fryer. In oven cook for 20 minutes or 10 minutes in the air fryer, or until crispy.
- Meanwhile in a large shallow serving bowl spread hummus in one layer then top with red peppers, feta cheese and parsley.
- When chickpeas are done let cool for 5 minutes then place on top of hummus dip.
- Slice cucumbers and crackers and place around the dip.
- Place remaining chickpeas in a small bowl on the side for people to snack on.
What is your favorite party appetizer go to???
Maybe it will be this Mediterranean Hummus Party Dip!
Pin Now, Dip Later
I MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST AND ON THIS SITE. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. COMPENSATION HELPS WITH ANY EXPENSES NEEDED TO KEEP THIS BLOG GOING.