- 1–1/2 lb flank steak, sliced into 1/2″ strips (~3–4 inches long)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, peeled & sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Green onion, sliced thin, optional
- Place all ingredients except 2 Tbsp water and cornstarch in a pressure cooker (I used Instant Pot), stir well to combine.
- Close pot (make sure vent is closed) and cook on manual mode for 8 minutes.
- Allow beef to cool in pot via natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Open pot (may need to vent before opening), cancel manual and turn to Saute mode.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp water + 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Add to pot, stir and allow to cook for ~3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Serve over rice, top with red pepper flakes & green onions if desired & enjoy!
Slow Cooker Directions: Follow the same directions, cook on low for 6-8 hours and then add in cornstarch/water mixture.