- 3 cups gluten-free flour (*must contain xantham gum)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon active quick rise yeast
- 1–1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (minced )
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix the flour, salt, & yeast together in a large glass bowl; gently pour water in and mix with a wooden spoon until combined and a wet dough is formed.
- Cover the bowl with dough with a kitchen towel and let sit @ room temp for ~8 hours (or overnight).
- Remove cover and place a handful of flour on a large piece of parchment paper. Fold dough onto the parchment paper and form into a large ball. Cover with kitchen towel & let sit for an hour–do not knead!
- Preheat oven to 450F and place a dutch oven into the oven for the last 30 minutes of the hour rest the dough is taking.
- Remove dutch oven from the oven–careful, IT'S HOT!
- Place parchment paper with dough in it into the dutch oven, use a knife to slice a few marks into the top of the dough, cover and return to oven.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes, then remove lid (careful, IT'S STILL HOT) and cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven (if you don't know it's hot by now, I can't help you) and let cool on the parchment paper on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Slice & eat!
Adapted from thekitchn.com