Let me set one thing straight before I start this post, spaghetti squash is not spaghetti. While I love the squash and use it in place of pasta, I will not sit here and tell you that it tastes the same or can replace pasta 1 for 1. I’m Italian after all, so I know good homemade pasta when I see it. So, while this post is dedicated to the spaghetti squash, I am under no impression that it is pasta because it’s not, it’s a vegetable, or more specifically a squash.
That being said, I love spaghetti squash and think more people should embrace the squash. The great thing about spaghetti squash is that it’s filling and a great vehicle for sauces and other items. It is super easy to make and really satisfying when it’s cooked. You feel somewhat accomplished when you cook this vegetable because when it’s done it lets you know. The strands pull out so easily and you’re not even sure how.
Haven’t made it before? Great, follow the recipe below so you too can feel satisfied both in your cooking skills and your ability to make yourself something healthy.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash 2-Ways
So I was going to post how I cook spaghetti squash a while back. But then I got busy and forgot. I’m so glad I forgot to because during that time I learned how to make spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot.
To be honest I had really only been using my Instant Pot sporadically and with recipes, I knew by heart. Yes, I too get stuck in my ways. So I decided a few weeks ago to start figuring out new ways to use the Instant Pot because if I was going to be telling people they need it, I sure as heck need recipes to back it up. So now you have 2-ways to make spaghetti squash whether you have an Instant Pot or not.
I have a Spinach & Artichoke Chicken recipe that pairs nicely with this as well as a bolognese that I will get to posting soon so you have some options when it comes to your spaghetti squash, but in the meantime, you can pair it with any protein and vegetable you dang well please.
Pro Tip: Grab your favorite marinara sauce & frozen meatballs to make this the easiest (and healthiest) dinner you’ve made in a while.Print
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (~2-3lbs)
- 1 cup water
For Instant Pot
- Pierce skin of squash with knife or fork 20 times all over
- Place 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot and place trivet on top
- Place spaghetti squash on top of trivet, close pot & seal
- Choose Manual (High) for 8-10 minutes depending on desired level of doneness. (8 for al dente, 10 for soft)
- Once done, quick release by opening the valve, remove squash from pot, slice in half, scoop out seeds and then pull strands out with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, line a baking sheet with foil or spray.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down and bake for 40-50 minutes until easy to pull strands out and skin is easy to push in.
Enjoy! Don’t have an Instant Pot? You’re missing out go get one for yourself #TreatYoSelf
Pin Now, Spaghetti Later
I MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST AND ON THIS SITE. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. COMPENSATION HELPS WITH ANY EXPENSES NEEDED TO KEEP THIS BLOG GOING.