- 1 Tbsp ghee/butter
- 2–1/2 to 3 lb lean stew meat, cut into 1–2” chunks
- 2–14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (or can use 1–28 oz can)
- 1–15.5 oz can of pinto beans (or beans of choice)
- 2 cups chicken/beef broth (water if you don’t have any broth on hand)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped & deseeded
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, green onions, jalapeno slices
- This is incredibly complicated, so set your intentions and breathe deeply.
- Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker, stir to combine.
For Instant Pot
- Put on lid (make sure vent isclosed), choose Beans/Chili and let it work it’s magic. Let it slow release for 15 minutes or longer if you can manage, then vent and remove lid.
For Slow Cooker
- Cover with lid, set on low and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once finished, top with toppings of choice, take a photo for social media and DIG IN!