I got an air fryer back when Target was running a sale last year, and it took me a few months to wrap my head around what to do with it. So, like anything in my kitchen, I dove head first into it knowing I would make mistakes but figured what better way to learn how to use it than to try? I have made a few things in it so far but this Easy Gluten-Free Ramen with Air Fryer Pork Chops was one of my favorite “oh no, what’s for dinner tonight?” meals.
Pro tip: make sure ALL of the cardboard is out of the air fryer before using it. Me and my friend MAY or MAY NOT have used it with cardboard still in the bottom. The good news is we didn’t blow anything up. The bad news was that it stunk up the kitchen the second time I turned that bad boy on. See, I make mistakes too.
Easy Weeknight Meals
I have been so busy this year. And not saying busy to make it seem like OH MY GOSH SHE DOES SO MUCH. But honestly, a lot of GOOD things have been happening this year and it’s exciting but man, sometimes my meal planning & prepping gets side tracked because my days are busy. I spent this entire last weekend cleaning out my kitchen and it took away from me meal prepping. Sure I could’ve stopped but you know when you’re on a roll and you just want to keep going? That’s what happened.
So, I planned to make something easy Monday night so that we’d have real food on the table but it wouldn’t take 10 hours to whip up. I used both my Instant Pot and my Air Fryer at the same time, and it was like I had 2 people with me in the kitchen helping. I used the Instant Pot for the eggs, the Air Fryer for the pork and a Dutch Oven for the Ramen. If you fire everything off around the same time, this meal takes under 30 minutes to make, no joke.
Air Fryer Newbie
As noted, I’m an air fryer newbie. I’m not entirely sure how it works but I think I’m in love. I love how easy it is to use, the fact that it heats up IMMEDIATELY. And there are no wonky oils involved like regular frying. My biggest complaint is that for how big it is the inner compartment where you put the food really is too small. However, since cooking takes no time at all, you can just do food in batches if need be.
I have this air fryer, but know there are a lot on the market out there. I have plans to try another one out and will report back if I find one I like more than my current one. Just know that it’s easy to use AND makes food super tasty without dowsing it in unwanted rancid oils and fats. Whoever created it is a genius and I much appreciate them.
Easy Gluten-Free Ramen with Air Fryer Pork Chops
Ok, enough gabbing, let’s get on to this tasty and simple recipe. You can certainly make this ahead of time and meal prep it BUT the good news is if you forget to, it only takes 30 minutes or less. I’ve been loving the Ramen from Lotus Foods and find anyway I can to use it. The noodles cook in 3 minutes or less so honestly, chopping veggies takes the most time in this whole meal.
You can cook your eggs ahead of time, or even leave them out if you don’t feel like making them. I used my Instant Pot to make my eggs, put 1 cup of water in the bottom, sat my eggs on the trivet, closed and cooked on manual for 5 minutes. I quick released and bam! Soft-ish-hard boiled eggs (may want 4 minutes for more drippy yolks) to top my ramen with.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake your pork chops. But you can probably buy an air fryer in the same time, so maybe do that instead 😉Print
- 10 oz. rice ramen noodles (4 patties)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamari, coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 6 soft boiled eggs (optional)
- 2 boneless pork chops (2″ thick)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp parika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch salt & pepper
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, & ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots & bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, sriracha, soy sauce, & salt & pepper. Bring to a boil
- Add ramen and cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are cooked through. Turn down to low and simmer until ready to eat, or if meal prepping, allow to simmer for 10 minutes, cool, and store in refrigerator.
- Top with egg, scallions, & sliced pork.
- Spray insert of air fryer with cooking spray and preheat at 400 °F for 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder & salt & pepper together in a medium bowl. To a separate bowl, add whisked egg.
- Dredge pork chops (I used tongs) in whisked egg on all sides, then bread crumbs then place in air fryer, repeat with other pork chop. Cook for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F, flipping once halfway through.
Pin Now, Ramen Later
I MAY BE COMPENSATED THROUGH AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST AND ON THIS SITE. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. COMPENSATION HELPS WITH ANY EXPENSES NEEDED TO KEEP THIS BLOG GOING.