- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup milk (full or 2%)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1lb strawberries, hulled & chopped
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2–3 Tbsp water
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- Mix oat flour, baking powder & salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, milk, egg yolks, maple syrup & vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until combined, allow to sit for 3 minutes to thicken.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with hand mixer (can also whisk by hand) to form soft peaks.
- Carefully fold egg whites into batter. (Note: if you don’t have time/feel lazy, feel free to mix whole egg into batter without separating, it won’t be as fluffy but will still taste delicious)
- Spray a pan or skillet with avocado/coconut oil spray (or use butter) and once hot drop about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Allow to set ~2-3 minutes and flip until cooked through.
For Strawberry Syrup
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring all ingredients to a low boil, stir and continue to boil for 4-5 minutes. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. If desired, mash strawberries with potato masher, otherwise enjoy as is!
Macros per 2 pancakes (6 total servings per recipe)
8 g Fat
Syrup Macros (6 servings per recipe)
1 g Protein
8 g Carb
0 g Fat
- Serving Size: 2 large pancakes