- 2 large avocados, pitted
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, loosely packed & chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced (seeded-optional, depends how hot you can handle!)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (~ juice of 1 lime)
- 1/2 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, scoop avocado out of skin and mash with a fork (can use a food processor if prefer smoother consistency).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to desired consistency
- In a Molacajete, add onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and about 1 tsp of salt. Using the pestle, grind the onions and cilantro with the lime juice & salt until onions & jalapeños start to break down.
- Scoop out avocado and add to the Molcajete, grind down until avocado is mashed to desired texture.
- Add spices, salt, pepper & tomatoes, grind gently to combine.
- If you somehow leave any guacamole up for grabs, store in an airtight container with plastic wrap
- touching top of guacamole. For added freshness, store with 1/2 lime and squeeze extra lime juice on top.