- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup red onion (small dice)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (small dice)
- 1 medium sweet potato (small dice)
- 2 cups greens (i.e. spinach, kale, etc.)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large burrito wraps
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add pork sausage and cook until no pink is showing.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, & sweet potatoes, stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potato is fork tender. Add greens and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, & water until frothy. Stir in cheese.
- Pour eggs over veggies and stir until eggs are no longer watery. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature if possible.
For the burritos
- Prepare burritos by spreading 1/8 of the mixture in each wrap. Fold burrito tightly. Enjoy immediately OR freeze per instructions below.
- To freeze: wrap each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then wrap again with aluminum foil. Freeze & when ready to eat, remove the burrito from both wraps & microwave for 60-90 seconds or until warm. Alternatively you can prepare in oven or toaster oven. Top with avocado & hot sauce.
Note: if you do not have breakfast sausage, use ground meat of choice and mix in 1 teaspoon dried sage, 1 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper