- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into 1” pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups kale, washed & chopped
- 1–14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1– 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any milk/cream)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place spaghetti squash in microwave for 1 minute, remove and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds and place spaghetti squash face down on lined baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes or until able to peel spaghetti strands out of skin with a fork easily. (Outside skin should be soft, easy to press in with hands)
- Whiel squash is in the oven, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon onto a paper-towel lined plate, reserving bacon grease in pan. (If excessive grease, > 2TBSP, discard extra from pan or save for later use).
- Over medium heat, saute onions, carrots and celery in bacon grease for ~3 minutes or until onion is starting to look translucent.
- Add garlic & pepper and continue to saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add in ground beef, sauteing until browned, ~5 minutes.
- Add in kale, and allow to wilt for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk & spices, stir to combine well. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until spaghetti squash is done.
- Top spaghetti squash with a good heaping scoop of bolognese & enjoy!
- Optional (but not really) top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: pasta bowl-ful