- 4–5 lbs apples, cored & quartered (about 10 apples)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of half lemon, optional (to help last longer)
- Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot, close & seal, and cook on Manual-High for 5 minutes
- Natural release pressure for 10-15 minutes
- Using an immersion blender (or place in a blender) puree to desired consistency.
- STOP here for apple sauce.
- For Apple Butter: turn Instant Pot to saute (low) and allow apple sauce to bubble/simmer for 10-15 minutes ensuring to stir frequently. Turn off and allow apple butter to cool.