- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small beet, peeled & chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (seeded if prefer less spicy)
- 1/2 cup water + more as needed
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper + more to taste
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce/Tabasco
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1–1/2 tsp celery salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large pot, add tomatoes, beet, celery, carrot, garlic, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring out to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add remaining ingredients and either use an immersion blender to blend or add to a blender or food processor and blend on high until combined.
- Add more water to bring to desired consistency. I added about 1 to 1-1/2 cups extra water.
- Note: if making an alcoholic Bloody Mary, don’t water too much as you will be adding vodka & ice to the mix which will thin it out.
To make a Bloody Mary:
- Choose your favorite (or fastest available) glass/mug/cup
- Wet the rim and roll in celery salt to make it tasty
- Pour 6 oz Bloody Mary Mix
- Add 1.5 oz (or 1 shot) vodka
- Stir it up
- Throw in ice to your liking
- Add all the accoutrements including (but not limited to): olives (preferably stuffed), pickles, lime wedges, jalapeños, bacon, celery, shrimp, etc.