- 10–12oz tortilla chips (I used 2 bags of Siete tortilla chips)
- 1lb ground meat of choice
- 1 Tbsp choice taco seasoning (salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, etc. )
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thin (deseed if you do not like heat!)
- 1–12 oz jar salsa of choice
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados, diced
- Other toppings: sour cream, green onions, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, toss tortilla chips in one layer on sheet and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning stir until meat is cooked through ~4-5 minutes
- Add in pinto beans and tomato, stir until heated through, ~2 minutes, then remove from heat
- Layer meat, avocado, cheese and additional toppings on Nachos, place in oven for 10 minutes. Top with additional toppings, like “sour cream” (see notes below).
- Enjoy immediately!
For “sour cream”, I mixed 1 7 ounce container of full fat @fage Greek yogurt with juice of 1/2 lime