- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1–12oz. jar roasted red peppers (or 1 serving of homemade)
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes, canned
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or any broth of choice)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup half & half, optional
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic & celery and saute for 3-4 minutes until onion starts turning translucent.
- Add red peppers, tomatoes, broth, basil, & spices. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Blend mixture using an immersion blender (if you don’t have one, you should, but you can place soup in a blender and then back in the pot), turn heat down, and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add salt & pepper, to taste and if you prefer a creamier soup, add in half & half.
- Serving Size: 2 cups