- 3 cups (24 oz.) cooked & shredded chicken
- 32 oz. salsa verde
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Optional: jalapenos, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray a large (13″x9″) baking dish with non-stick spray, set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken with salsa verde, reserving ~ 1-1/4 cup of salsa verde for topping/bottom. Add in peppers & onions and stir to combine.
- Spread ~1/4 cup of salsa verde (from reserved) on the bottom of baking dish
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for :30 to soften (can alternatively use extra salsa/salsa verde and dip tortillas in it before wrapping)
- Add about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture to center of tortilla, wrap and place seam side down in baking dish, continue until all tortillas are filled.
- Top tortillas with remaining salsa verde, sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, enjoy with toppings of choice
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas