- 1 loaf gluten-free bread
- 16 oz. ricotta (whole milk)
- 6 each eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 each apples (cored & sliced thin)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F & grease/spray a 9″x13″ baking dish, set aside
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add apples & saute for 5 minutes or until softened. Toss in 1 tsp of cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, & vanilla until combined.
- Dip each slice of bread in the ricotta mixture and let sit for 15-30 seconds then add 1 slice at a time to the baking dish and top each slice with a few apples. Continue to layer with bread & apples.
- Once all bread & apples are in baking dish, pour the rest of the ricotta mixture over the bread.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes uncovered then cover & bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cooked through.