Tropical Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground pork (pastured raised if possible)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup. Pineapple Salsa
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1–14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1– 14 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Combine all ingredients together, enjoy!
- Heat coconut oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and sauté until onions start to become translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove peppers and onions from pan, set aside.
- Add ground pork and sauté until brown and cooked through.
- Add the peppers, onions, spices, pineapple salsa and lime juice until all is heated through.
- Top with salsa and wrap in lettuce leaves.
- Serving Size: 4
Just a quick recipe to help keep your meals simple and delicious this summer (and year round)!
Enjoy and Stay Sassy!
Have you ever had Korean BBQ? I’m asking b/c you wrap everything in lettuce leaves so I’m thinking that if you haven’t tried it, you should. 🙂
I LOVE Korean BBQ! We haven’t found any place that does it around us but I sure could go for some now…guess I will have to get something going in my kitchen!