Chocolate Sea Salt Gummies
As some of you may know I will be in Boston this week so I wanted to make sure I had snacks ready to go. I am not someone who wants to chance being hungry with zero real food choices around (even though let’s be honest Boston is pretty great in the food department.) So I planned ahead and figured if this turned out well I would share it with my favorite people! And it turned out pretty dang good if I do say so myself. This snack is easy to make and easy to snack on. Of course if you are in Albany I will literally share the food with you when I return, lucky you!
I have seen many bloggers over the years use grass-fed gelatin to make gummy snacks not only for a delicious treat but also for health reasons. I decided it was time to make some chocolate gummies for myself and for you all for a few reasons:
- I have this Vital Proteins gelatin in my pantry I need to use
- Chocolate. Do I need to say more?
- Gelatin is beneficial for you hair, skin, nails, gut lining, bones and joints. And this gelatin is sourced from a grass-fed healthy source which makes this real food RD a happy gal.
These Chocolate Sea Salt Gummies are calling your name, so gather the ingredients, make them and then have a nice snack for the week. You’re welcome.Print
- Fill a small bowl with water, add gelatin, whisk to combine and allow to “bloom” for ~5 minutes.
- While the gelatin is blooming, whisk together coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, turmeric and sea salt in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat whisking until smooth.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and whisk in gelatin until smooth and no chunks are left.
- Remove from heat and place in molds or a glass baking dish.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares or leave in molds and leave in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Let me know what you think and go snag your Vital Proteins gelatin to get started.